2017 is a special year as it marks by:Larm’s 20th anniversary!
Music Norway brings you waffles and guides you to the Norwegian music scene as a part of the celebration of by:Larm 20 years anniversary.
Together with the by:Larm team, Music Norway has invited specialists and influencers from their broad network to Oslo this week. We will discuss a wide range of topics tailored for the challenges music businesses are experiencing today, and you will help us celebrate the 20th edition of this steady rockin’ event.
By:Larm is the most important meeting point for the Norwegian music industry throughout the year. An increasing demand for Norwegian music has generated great interest in the festival, both for domestic and international industry professionals. by:Larm’s acclaimed music conference is crowded with hot tips and cool ideas, and many Norwegian artists prefer to launch their international careers at by:Larm in front of a Norwegian festival crowd and international industry audience. Nico & Vinz, Sondre Lerche, Susanne Sundfør and Aurora are just a few names you might know after a by:Larm visit, this year we know for sure by:Larm has booked the new talents to look out for. Maybe you will see them first?
And you will not walk around hungry. There will be an endless supply of waffles! Nothing tastes as good as a warm waffle with the famous brown cheese in between all the meetings. At Music Norway’s International Lavvo Lounge we have coffee and waffles ready for you at any time. In our lavvo you are free to have meetings or just hang out while you charge your phone and laptop. We at Music Norway will be there to guide you through the city or connect you with the people you want to meet…
… and take you to the parties! No festival without a good party, or five? During the festival you can join informal and laid back parties and events where you can catch up with old friends or meet your new best friend. Visit Music Norway’s International Lavvo Lounge to get all the insider tips you need to have the best time at by:Larm 2017.
by:Larm makes it easy, fun and enjoyable to expose Norwegian talent to international opportunities. We are delighted to be a partner in by:Larm, and we are ready for 20 more years.
Happy anniversary to by:Larm and let the party begin!
And here are the panels Music Norway presents:
Thursday March 2nd:
– An intro to Poland’s Indie Scene, Hendrix Ibsen, 11am
– How I Found the ‘Samsara’ Superstar (Export Academy), Hendrix Ibsen AETAT, 11am
– Juss 101: rettigheter og kontrakter (Export Academy), Hendrix Ibsen AETAT, 12pm
– Sync or Swim: Brontë Jane Conquers America, Hendrix Ibsen AETAT, 1pm
– Leading the Pack on Radio (SE), Hendrix Ibsen AETAT, 2pm
Fredag 3. mars:
– Live; the challenges and opportunities, Vulkan, 11am
– Navigating the UK Media Market (Export Academy), Mathallen, Matsal B, 11.30am
– Secrets of the Songwriters, Dansens Hus, 12pm
– A&R på den amerikanske måten, Dansens Hus, 1pm
– Breaking Into Berlin: The Electronic Marketplace, Dansens Hus, 2pm
– Sync A Simple Song, Dansens Hus, 3pm
– Stellar Stargate, Dansens Hus, 4pm
We’re also involved in songwriting camp By:Songs at Whiteroom Studios and Tanken Studios, which takes place the days before by:Larm. Music Norway will also hand out a grant of 100.00o NOK to a promising manager at Skaugum, HRH Crown Prince Haakon and HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit private residence. The grant will be given out by Stargate manager Tim Blacksmith in memory of Per Eirik Johansen.