This week Hokuo Music Fest is being held in Tokyo. It’s a trade mission which includes a songwriting camp organized by Nomex, the five Nordic music export offices joint organization.
The delegation consists of 30 companies, three bands and five songwriters. Amongst these there are are the following Norwegian industry:
- Atle Bøckmann and Glenn Larsen from Indianer
- Karen Norbakk from Mandelbaum Management
- Martin Rygge and Tommy Hjelm from Mas-Kina Recordings
- Therese Asker and Oda-Marie Jørgensen from Miss Fixit
- Frithjof Hungnes from Propeller Recordings
Artist and songwriter Vilde J is also headed for Tokyo for the songwriting camp.
Hokuo 2018 program
Nomex consists of Music Finland, Export Music Sweden, Music Export Denmark, Music Norway and Iceland Music Export. Music Finland is hosting Hokuo and arrange the networking bit of the trade mission to connect the Nordic companies with japanse industry.
Tuesday 13. November
– 17.00-19.00 Nordic get-together with for all companies on trade mission and songwriter camp
Wednesday 14. November
– Company visits
Thursday 15. November
– 10:00 – 15:00 Hokuo Music Seminar at Avex building
– 18.00 – 21.00 Hokuo Music Reception at den Swedish Embassy in Tokyo
Friday 16. November
– 13.00-17.00 Hokuo Music Trade Day
The songwriting camp is organized by Sony Music Publishing Japan. Sessions are held 14. – 16. November where songwriters and publishers can join.