Claes Olsen is one of the founders of the Øya Festival dating back to 1999, and has since the beginning been head of booking and owner of the festival. The festival has worked strategically over several years on how to position the festival in an ever-increasing development of the international festival industry. Last summer, the decision fell on Superstruct, where the owners of Øya invested in the company, and are now joining as owners of festivals that include Sonar, Sziget, Flow and of course the Øya Festival.
– Congratulations with 20 years! Will there be another 20?
– Thanks a lot. I feel that we just started, so at least 20 more Øya years!
– What are you looking forward to this year?
– The Cure have been a dream booking for me since I was a teenager. A bit unreal that they will play in Tøyenparken. Besides that I very much look forward to Fontaines D.C., Tirzah, Earl Sweatshirt and Stereolab. It will also be a bit emotional with the Razika last ever show on Friday.
– Where would you recommend to eat?
– If you are into fusion food like me, you need to check out Lulu (korean bibimbap), The Golden Chimp (Broccoli Dumplings) and Hitchhiker (BBQ stew with kimchi). All some of the best restaurants in Oslo.
– What landmarks should international gruest see in Oslo?
– Take the ferry out on the fjord, visit a couple of the islands.