The program for Norway at jazzahead! 2019 is released. 27 Norwegian bands, that counts 117 musicians in all, has been booked for the culture festival and the jazzahead! festival itself.
Listen to the artists: The jazzahead! 2019 playlist
jazzahead! in Bremen is the most relevant jazz festival in Europe for Norwegian artists and businesses. Because Germany is the most important market for Norwegian jazz music, and jazzahead! attract bookers, festivals and labels within the field head to Bremen each year.
Norway is “country in focus” at jazzahead! 2019.
Read the whole program at jazzahead!´s web page
These are the bands and artists that will be playing concerts in Bremen in April:
– Trygve Seim – Sangam
– Mats Eilertsen Trio
– Susanna (solo)
– Erlend Apneseth Trio
– Stephan Meidell
– Hilde Louise Asbjørnsen
– Karin Krog & John Surman
– Mari Boine Trio
– Håkon Kornstad Trio
– Arild Andersen and Uli Beckerhoff – Together again
– Lasse Marhaug – The Sound of the Arctic Circle
– Jan Erik Vold, Ellen Bødtker, Trygve Seim, Eirik Raude: Sommeren der ute
– Ingun Bjørnsgaard / Christian Wallumrød
– Ketil Bjørnstad, Lars Saabye Christensen, Anneli Drecker: A Suite of Poems:
– Thomas Strønen’s Time is a Blind Guide
– Gard Nilssen´s Acoustic Unity
– Frode Haltli Avant Folk
– Espen Berg Trio
– Hedvig Mollestad Trio
– Karl Seglem Band
– Kristin Asbjørnsen
– DJ Strangefruit
– Mathias Eick Quintet
– Trail of Souls feat. Solveig Slettahjell, Knut Reiersrud & In the Country
– Paal Nilssen-Love Large Unit
– Beady Belle
Read more: The artists selected for Norwegian Night at jazzahead!
Norway at jazzahead! 2019 is a collaboration between Norsk jazzforum and Music Norway, with support from the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Culture, the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and NORLA. Its a part of the Norwegian 2019 culture campaign in Germany, which also consists of Norway as the Guest of Honor at the Frankfurter Buchmesse and Norway as Country in Focus at the Berlinale.