Heggenhougen works as a booking agent for VIBE Agency, which is a booking agency for renowned musicians and bands in the genre of jazz or connected cross over genres, such as Erlend Apneseth Trio, Susanna, Building Instrument and more.
VIBE Agency was established by Heggenhougen in January 2018, and now they are a total of two people running it. In addition to running VIBE, she works as a production manager for the concert venue Cosmopolite in Oslo, who specializes mostly in world music, soul, jazz.
– What has been on your to do list lately, and what takes most of your time?
– There is an endless sea of e-mails, as we are working on tours for this fall. Working in jazz is challenging in the sense that we as agents always have to be the ones chasing the bookers. At Cosmopolite we are facing a big change in how we work. Can’t say too much, but it takes up a lot of my time as well. It is exciting, and I believe 2019 will be a good year for the venue.
– What is the most important piece of advice you have ever received?
– Never be afraid to ask for help or advice. It’s the fastest way to grow!
– Any helpful tips and tricks for a way around the industry?
– Learn your field and trust your knowledge. Dare to discuss your thoughts, and people will respect you for giving an honest opinion. I also think it’s important to help and lift your fellow workers in the industry, and they will help you in return. See the music industry as something we are working on together, rather than an ego trip surrounding only your own project.
– Why Norway, why now? Where are we going?
– Norwegian jazz has never been hotter than it is right now, and that goes for Norwegian music in general. It’s an exciting time to be working as an agent travelling around, because people are genuinely interested in the bands we represent.
– I can only speak for the field that I work in, but a tendency in Norwegian jazz is that we are way ahead when it comes to innovation. The limits seem endless, and I am beyond excited for many of the releases coming, especially from my favorite label Hubro.
– Who in the Norwegian music industry deserves a high five?
– My colleague and partner in VIBE Agency, Emilie Hafskjold Thoresen. When she joined the team it was like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. She is a great asset to the company with her way of thinking. She works hard and she definitely deserves all the credit she can get!